COLLEGEKHABAR WAS BORN ON AUGUST 23, 2009 and if it were a person it would be one year old baby. But companies are not people and so do Collegekhabar.com. It embodies the effort, ability, commitment and hard work of many individuals.
To the stakeholders of Collegekhabar.com
Collegekhabar.com is an initiative from ‘ThoughtLabs’. It is an initiative to bring together students, colleges and prospective employers. At CollegeKhabar news related to placement activities, admission details, events and competitions in educational institutes across India is updated regularly. Collegekhabar.com has continuously witnessed high growth in visitor acquisition and currently occupying an important position in its segment. We feel proud to present before you our first annual report.
This report records the summary of performance.
- Over 2 million page views (as verified by Google analytics)
- Growth rate is still more than 50% month on month (MoM) basis.
- 10000+ registered users for newsletters and feeds
- 2500+ articles/news/events/reviews posted
- 1800+ Campus partner/Khabari requests in 1 year
- More than 500 students applied for internship program.
- Media partnerships with 50+ institutes for various events and competitions including (IITs – Kanpur, Roorkee, Kharagpur, Bombay & Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, School of Management, IIT Kanpur, NMIMS Mumbai, Symbiosis Pune, CEPT Ahmedabad, ITBHU, ISM Dhanbad NITs – Jaipur, Jalandhar, Allahabad, Hamirpur, Warangal, BITS – Pilani, BIT Ranchi, Thapar University, VJTI Mumbai, IIIT Allahabad, and many more reputed institutes across country)
- “College Khabar” becomes a unique keyword in Google within 3 months of launch. CollegeKhabar has been shown under ‘Google Trends’ – due to numerous searches in a day many times in 2009-10.
- Reviewed and appreciated by many startup communities including: Indianwebstartups.com, squamble.com, younoodle.com, Hotindianstartups.com, startupticker.com, gajeebo.com, startup-companies.com, bsherpas.com and many more.
- Students started mentioning College Khabar in their blogs/feeds as very useful place for placement preparation/college news. (We are getting benefits of Viral marketing without any investment)
- Collegekhabar team has been invited for seminars and workshops on Entreprenuership Management by leading institutions of the country.
- Listed in ‘Microsoft Bizspark’ program (among 240 startups from India in recent years)
- City winner and Zonal finalist of ‘WagonR Think Big Challenge’ and Regional finalist of “Vulture’s Nest”- Biggest B-Plan competition in Asia by IIT Bombay
- Financially self-sustain portal within a year – trust of our customers has made this possible (and with fact that we still don’t use any type of POPUPs)
Figures are not to be disclosed as advised (Yes! we are not going to be next Google or Apple, yet we had breakeven in last quarter. We are working on better revenue model)
Reach of Collegekhabar.com is mainly restricted to India (95% of total visits) but website is also viewed in North America and Europe.
In India CollegeKhabar.com is browsed from nearly all major cities. Please refer attached map for reference as mentioning names of all cities is not possible. Areas with bigger circle have more visits than others.
Source: Google Analytics
Age: 18-25 years
Education: Graduate College (90% Engineering, 10% Management and others)
Gender: 70% male, 30% female (Approximate)
Household income: 4-8 LPA (Approx.)
Net savvy, open to online purchases/transactions
1) Placement Papers, Group discussions and Interview experiences
2) Events, college fest, alumni news
3) College Comparison tool
4) Engineering College Ranking 2010
5) College admission news
6) New: Fresher Jobs /Career & admission counseling
7) Company reviews
Collegekhabar.com is an initiative by ‘ThoughtLabs’ team. We are focused on customer acquisition through innovative and measurable services where our customer can realize full value of their investment. Most of revenue is from online advertisement and paid promotion. We will offer services such as managing online media campaign for higher education institutions, paid career/admission counseling and collaborative promotion plans for startups & online shops.
Our other product CampusBeats an Alumni Management Solution will going to be introduced within a month. Product beta testing has been completed and trials are proposed with 2 national level institutes. We are hoping that CampusBeats will give us enough momentum in motivation and earning to achieve sustainable and inclusive growth.
With our current growth potential we expect an organic growth with a truly outstanding and committed group of people working for CollegeKhabar.com. We like to thank you for your continued support. Together, we look forward to doing our very best for you every day, everywhere and in every way.
* includes students – undergraduates, post graduates and aspirants, college management, company officials, startup communities, any government authorities, friends, family or anyone else who have any major or minor stake in collegekhabar.com
Complete report is available at Rs 200 – delivery charges (not to be taken seriously!)
Note: Timing of this report is not in line with customary April month. We are publishing it on first anniversary of Collegekhabar.com
Disclaimer: This report is not supposed to be check/cross verify or scrutinized under GAAP or any other accounting principles by our dear friends (Specially- MBA Finance, CFAs, CAs or anyone interested in Finance) as we announced that we didn’t followed any rule of accounting and for them it is a piece of crap!